Come work at Prem Tinsulanonda International School, a leading co-educational boarding and day International Baccalaureate (IB) World School.
Our teachers enjoy the benefits of living in a beautiful setting near Chiang Mai, surrounded by the rich cultures of northern Thailand. Prem is on a lush 100-acre campus set in the foothills north of the historic city of Chiang Mai.
We welcome applications from high calibre candidates wishing to contribute to the systematic development of our prestigious and successful school. Our teachers are passionate and energetic.
Prem’s teachers are its most valued asset. As a result, our teachers are encouraged to become workshop leaders and examiners as well as to further their professional development at conferences and seminars.
- Head of Admissions and Marketing
- MYP Coordinator
- Grade 2 Teacher
- Visual Arts Teacher
- Math Teacher
Submitting an Application
Applicants for teaching roles should hold at minimum a Bachelor’s degree and a current teaching certificate. Please note that the Thai Ministry of Education requires that your degree must be directly related to the post that you are applying for.
For Boarding positions applicants must hold at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree. Considerations affecting ability to successfully complete the work visa process vary according to applicant nationality and experience.
As part of our commitment to child protection all successful applicants will be required to complete a comprehensive police background check. Only those applicants who meet qualifications and are short-listed will be contacted.
Living at Prem Tinsulanonda International School
What is it like living at Prem?
The lists below were drawn up by staff who live at the school to help you make the decision about whether you want to be part of our community. We regularly update the lists and we are happy to answer any further questions you may have.
What’s good about living at Prem?
- The campus is delightful has great facilities such as a pool, tennis, golf driving ranges, gym and weights room. Prem is a beautiful place in harmony with its natural surroundings.
- Zero commute, but also with many opportunities for travel with student groups.
- We have completed IBO/CIS/NEASC accreditations 2007, 2012, and 2018
- We are a four programme IB World School, currently the only school in Asia to offer all four IB programmes – PYP, MYP, IBDP and IBCP.
- Our teachers are passionate educators and are very welcoming to new colleagues. You will have a ready made support network!
- There is a great tropical climate all year round. Whether rain or shine it is beautiful!
- There are many exciting and economic travel opportunities in the region.
- The local cost of living very reasonable such as for domestic help, child care, massages.
- The community is made up of friendly and relaxed people. There are lots of events such as barbeques, Sunday cluster brunches, social evenings, etc
- We live in a safe community.
- The food is healthy and in the city there is a wonderful array of restaurants.
- There is a range of western supermarkets, bookstores and department stores with free delivery.
- Modern health and dental care available are at a reasonable price and in English.
- Regular and extreme sports are available.
- There are many opportunities to learn about and engage with the local culture.
- We have a Positive Pressure System in all classrooms when needed during the short smoky season.
What are the challenges when living at Prem?
- It is 40 minute drive into town so having your own car or motor bike is advisable, although there are school vans and Grab taxis (rather like Uber), as well as local public transport .
- Living in the same cluster building as other teachers and living close to students, as with all boarding schools, together, we are a tight-knit community.
- Learning the language and communicating in Thai, which can be difficult but a lot of fun. People here really appreciate any attempt to speak Thai! Some of your non-Thai colleagues will be excellent role models and have excellent Thai.
- Apartments are basic with small kitchens and electric hotplates so you may need to be prepared to buy some extra appliances, but you will have views of trees and green from every window, and access to an amazing campus.
- At certain times of year air pollution caused by agricultural stubble burning can be unhealthy for sensitive people. The school is very aware of the AQI index during this time and has contingencies in place.
- Wine, champagne and imported luxury items are expensive, which is to be expected, and local produce is excellent and not expensive.
- Boarding and co-curricular programmes are a part of the learning community as with most boarding schools days are busy for all. We are fortunate to have amazing facilities and opportunities for these programmes.
- There is a no pet policy on campus.
Head of Admissions and Marketing
The Head of Admissions and Marketing will be joining Prem at a very exciting time in the school’s 21-year history and will play a pivotal role in the future development of both Prem and the various unique aspects of its umbrella company Traidhos, Three-Generation Community for Learning (TTG). The Head of Admissions and Marketing will lead a talented team of individuals, work closely with the Parent-School Community, and will also work with the Business Manager and Operations Team to plan for the managed growth of the academic programmes, indoor and outdoor learning spaces, as well as the expansion of the Boarding Programme and the Intensive English Programme (IEP). The Head of Admissions and Marketing serves on Prems Leadership Team and will have the skills and disposition to enthuse and mobilize a whole community around the aspirational development of this unique IB World Boarding School.
The IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) Coordinator is a member of the Extended Leadership Team, and Senior School Academic Leadership Team and is responsible for the effective organisation of the MYP. They will work collegially within the Senior School Academic Leadership Team to support the school’s vision, mission and objectives, as well as support the school’s curricular and philosophical commitments as an IB World School. In this role, the MYP Coordinator would work with teachers, students, and the school community to create a thriving, dynamic and aspirational academic culture.
Grade 2 Teacher
The Grade 2 Teacher will implement the IB PYP for all of our students while also recognising their specific cultural and individual language needs within a community that values working towards a sustainable future. They will assess and monitor student progress, and engage students as inquirers in their learning development. The Grade 2 Teacher will demonstrate a student-centred approach that puts a premium on making each and every lesson a time of engagement and joyful learning. Overall, they will be expected to model a lifelong love of learning.
Visual Arts Teacher
The visual Art Teacher will inspire their students and bring creative learning to the school. As a prestigious IB-World School that serves the local and expatriate community of Chiang Mai, as well as being home to a group of globally diverse boarders, we are proud to be the first four-programme IB School in Thailand (PYP, MYP, DP and CP), and offer an outstanding holistic education on a campus of great natural beauty. We believe that all students at Prem learn and thrive in multi-faceted ways, and the Art Teacher will have a key part to play in the community.
For the role of Math Teacher, this individual will be someone who supports the school’s curricular and philosophical commitments as an IB World School, as well as the school’s vision, mission and objectives. They will infuse best practice and innovative approaches to learning and teaching in the Math department, and oversee the implementation of the written, taught and assessed curriculum.
Working at Prem... What is it Really Like?
Prem International School is located in Northern Thailand but what is it like to actually live and work here? Hear from our staff about what they love about being part of this special school community.
Prem is an inspiring place to work; the students and staff are all friendly, supportive and committed to transformation in our students’ educational experience. It is a beautiful campus with so many opportunities for learning and connecting with nature. As a language and literature specialist it has been wonderful to be able to review my teaching in light of all the natural and community resources that Prem has.
Ajarn Abbie, Curriculum Leader for English