Come work at Prem Tinsulanonda International School, a leading co-educational boarding and day International Baccalaureate (IB) World School.
Our teachers enjoy the benefits of living in a beautiful setting near Chiang Mai, surrounded by the rich cultures of northern Thailand. Prem is on a lush 100-acre campus set in the foothills north of the historic city of Chiang Mai.
We welcome applications from high calibre candidates wishing to contribute to the systematic development of our prestigious and successful school. Our teachers are passionate and energetic.
Prem’s teachers are its most valued asset. As a result, our teachers are encouraged to become workshop leaders and examiners as well as to further their professional development at conferences and seminars.
Submitting an Application
Applications for any of our current vacancies can be completed by submitting a cover letter indicating why you wish to apply for the position along with a current CV/Resume. Documents should include names and contact information for three supervisory references. We kindly ask that you refrain from sending open letters of reference.
Applications should be sent to the following people depending on the position for which they apply:
Junior School Positions
Early Years through Grade 5
Junior School Principal, Mrs. Anita McCallum
Senior School Positions
Middle/High School (Grades 6-12)
Senior School Principal, Mr. Paul Sebastian
Whole School Positions
Head of School, Mr. Alun Cooper
Director of Boarding, Ms. Linda Buck
Applicants for teaching roles should hold at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree and a current recognised teaching certification. Typically successful applicants will have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
For Boarding positions applicants must hold at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree. Considerations affecting ability to successfully complete the work visa process vary according to applicant nationality and experience.
As part of our commitment to child protection all successful applicants will be required to complete a comprehensive police background check. Only those applicants who meet qualifications and are short-listed will be contacted.
Living at Prem Tinsulanonda International School
What is it like living at Prem?
The lists below were drawn up by staff who live at the school to help you make the decision about whether you want to be part of our community. We regularly update the lists and we are happy to answer any further questions you may have.
What’s good about living at Prem?
- The campus offers space and facilities such as a pool, tennis, golf, gym and weights room. You have to like country living.
- There is no commute as you work is close home.
- We have completed CIS/NEASC accreditations November 2007 and February 2012.
- We are a four programme IB World School.
- We are guided by FuturePrem, our Strategic Plan.
- Our teachers are passionate and energetic.
- All staff are friendly.
- There is a great climate all year round, a tropical climate that is good for those who like it.
- There are many economic travel opportunities.
- Domestic help is available.
- The local cost of living very reasonable such as for domestic help, child care, massages.
- The community is made up of friendly and relaxed people.
- We live in a safe community.
- The food is healthy and in the city there is a wonderful array of restaurants.
- There is a range of western supermarkets, bookstores and department stores with free delivery.
- Modern health and dental care available are at a reasonable price and in English.
- Regular and extreme sports are available.
- There are many opportunities to learn about the local culture.
- Good community with events such as barbeques, Sunday cluster brunches, social evenings, etc.
- Air purifiers are in all classrooms.
What are the challenges when living at Prem?
- It is 40 minute drive into town so having your own car or motor bike is advisable.
- Living in the same cluster building as other teachers and living close to students.
- Learning the language and communicating in Thai.
- Apartments are basic with small kitchens and electric hotplates so you may need to be prepared to buy some extra appliances.
- Thailand is a developing country and patience and understanding is necessary.
- Due to traditional agricultural methods, at certain times of year air pollution can be unhealthy for sensitive people.
- Wine, champagne and imported luxury items are expensive.
- Boarding and co-curricular programmes are a part of the learning community.
- There is a no pet policy on campus.
- Understanding your tax situation and tax agreement with your home country.
- Housekeepers and nannies are all Thai nationals and there may be communication issues. Sometimes it may be necessary to make alternative arrangements for their family or health issues.
- The Thai political situation has been unsettling.
Applications for the following opening are encouraged. All positions unless otherwise noted are for the academic year 2017-18.
Whole School Student Support Teacher (Junior and Middle School)
Student Support Teachers at Prem will contribute to maintaining a comprehensive system of support that enables students to have success in school by addressing barriers to learning, enhancing engagement, re-engaging disconnected students and providing advocacy for students in Student Support programs.
The Student Support Teacher will develop, support and encourage a classroom-based approach that enhances intrinsic motivation and enables learning for students of all abilities in caring, personalized and enriched learning environment. The teacher provides resources, strategies and practices that ensure physical, social, emotional and cognitive support and awareness for students both in the classroom and schoolwide.
Send Applications to: HoS@ptis.ac.th
Vision. Educating global citizens who strive for excellence, live sustainably, lead responsibly, celebrate diversity, and whose integrity champions a just and more peaceful world.
Mission. We are a community that challenges its members to act as compassionate, knowledgeable and principled global citizens: working together for a sustainable future and inspired by meaningful relationships, continuous learning and good thinking.
Prem Tinsulanonda International School | 234 Moo 3, Tambon Huay Sai, Amphur Mae Rim, Chiang Mai 50180, Thailand | +66 (0) 53 301 500 | accredited by IB, OPEC, NEASC, ISAT, BSA, ONESQA, CIS
Prem Tinsulanonda International School | 234 Moo 3, Tambon Huay Sai, Amphur Mae Rim, Chiang Mai 50180, Thailand | +66 (0) 53 301 500