Come work at Prem Tinsulanonda International School, a leading co-educational boarding and day International Baccalaureate (IB) World School.
Our teachers enjoy the benefits of living in a beautiful setting near Chiang Mai, surrounded by the rich cultures of northern Thailand. Prem is on a lush 100-acre campus set in the foothills north of the historic city of Chiang Mai.
We welcome applications from high calibre candidates wishing to contribute to the systematic development of our prestigious and successful school. Our teachers are passionate and energetic.
Prem’s teachers are its most valued asset. As a result, our teachers are encouraged to become workshop leaders and examiners as well as to further their professional development at conferences and seminars.
Submitting an Application
To apply for any position listed in our current vacancies (on the right) please complete and submit an application by clicking this application form.
Candidates should upload the information listed below as a single pdf file
- A letter of application describing your interest in the position, listing your strengths as a candidate and how your qualifications and experience align with the position.
- A current resume not to exceed two pages
- A one-page list of at least 4 references with current phone numbers and email address
Please note that in applying directly to Prem, we will not use any of your recruitment agencies, preferring to seek references directly if you are fortunate enough to be long-listed.
Applicants for teaching roles should hold at minimum a Bachelor’s degree and a current teaching certificate. Please note that the Thai Ministry of Education requires that your degree must be directly related to the post that you are applying for.
For Boarding positions applicants must hold at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree. Considerations affecting ability to successfully complete the work visa process vary according to applicant nationality and experience.
As part of our commitment to child protection all successful applicants will be required to complete a comprehensive police background check. Only those applicants who meet qualifications and are short-listed will be contacted.
Living at Prem Tinsulanonda International School
What is it like living at Prem?
The lists below were drawn up by staff who live at the school to help you make the decision about whether you want to be part of our community. We regularly update the lists and we are happy to answer any further questions you may have.
What’s good about living at Prem?
- The campus offers space and facilities such as a pool, tennis, golf, gym and weights room. You have to like country living.
- There is no commute as you work is close home.
- We have completed CIS/NEASC accreditations November 2007 and February 2012.
- We are a four programme IB World School.
- We are guided by FuturePrem, our Strategic Plan.
- Our teachers are passionate and energetic.
- All staff are friendly.
- There is a great climate all year round, a tropical climate that is good for those who like it.
- There are many economic travel opportunities.
- Domestic help is available.
- The local cost of living very reasonable such as for domestic help, child care, massages.
- The community is made up of friendly and relaxed people.
- We live in a safe community.
- The food is healthy and in the city there is a wonderful array of restaurants.
- There is a range of western supermarkets, bookstores and department stores with free delivery.
- Modern health and dental care available are at a reasonable price and in English.
- Regular and extreme sports are available.
- There are many opportunities to learn about the local culture.
- Good community with events such as barbeques, Sunday cluster brunches, social evenings, etc.
- Air purifiers are in all classrooms.
What are the challenges when living at Prem?
- It is 40 minute drive into town so having your own car or motor bike is advisable.
- Living in the same cluster building as other teachers and living close to students.
- Learning the language and communicating in Thai.
- Apartments are basic with small kitchens and electric hotplates so you may need to be prepared to buy some extra appliances.
- Thailand is a developing country and patience and understanding is necessary.
- Due to traditional agricultural methods, at certain times of year air pollution can be unhealthy for sensitive people.
- Wine, champagne and imported luxury items are expensive.
- Boarding and co-curricular programmes are a part of the learning community.
- There is a no pet policy on campus.
- Understanding your tax situation and tax agreement with your home country.
- Housekeepers and nannies are all Thai nationals and there may be communication issues. Sometimes it may be necessary to make alternative arrangements for their family or health issues.
- The Thai political situation has been unsettling.
Applications for the following opening are encouraged. All positions are for the academic year 2018-19 unless otherwise stated.
2018 – 2019
2019 – 2020
Prem Tinsulanonda International School seeks a Junior School Principal for August 2019 to lead all instructional and administrative matters in the Junior School (Grades EY1-5) who will embrace the diversity of Prem and Chiang Mai and foster an engaging climate of educational excellence.
A complete position description, including application guidelines are available on www.ptis.ac.th as well as on the Search Associates website
Prem Tinsulanonda International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, the Disclosure and Barring Services or relevant Police Authorities.
Final interviews at Prem are scheduled for October 2018 but Prem reserves the right to appoint an outstanding applicant at any moment in the recruitment process.
Vision. Educating global citizens who strive for excellence, live sustainably, lead responsibly, celebrate diversity, and whose integrity champions a just and more peaceful world.
Mission. We are a community that challenges its members to act as compassionate, knowledgeable and principled global citizens: working together for a sustainable future and inspired by meaningful relationships, continuous learning and good thinking.
Prem Tinsulanonda International School | 234 Moo 3, Tambon Huay Sai, Amphur Mae Rim, Chiang Mai 50180, Thailand | +66 (0) 53 301 500 | accredited by IB, OPEC, NEASC, ISAT, BSA, ONESQA, CIS
Prem Tinsulanonda International School | 234 Moo 3, Tambon Huay Sai, Amphur Mae Rim, Chiang Mai 50180, Thailand | +66 (0) 53 301 500